Weekly Web Links:
- As someone who has rebelled against society’s belief that hair should be neatly brushed my entire life I am both highly impressed with these 1700’s and 1800’s hair styles and also very happy that no one has ever expected that level of effort from me.
- On a similar note, here’s a shopping guide for anyone who happens to end up in the 14th century.
- Metal detecting and its contribution to archaeology.
- Ancient skeletons found holding hands in a medieval chapel.
- And finally, struggles that occurred in Georgian romances.
Historical Book Review for the Week:
I’m afraid that I don’t have a review for this week; I’m part way through three different books but haven’t managed to actually, you know, finish any of them yet. This will be back next Sunday.